Dixon Family Services is a community-based organization serving Dixon and the surrounding rural areas since 1984. Our one-stop-shop of social services helps hundreds of people each year achieve goals such as employment, financial stability, improved nutrition, escape from domestic violence, sobriety, emotional wellness, positive parenting skills, safe and healthy homes and family cohesiveness. Many are now active and giving members of this community.
PLEASE MARK YOU CALENDARS FOR
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2018 –
GIVE LOCAL SOLANO!! www.GiveLocalSolano.org
DIXON FAMILY SERVICES IS PARTICIPATING! more…
Founded in 1984, Dixon Family Services programs have grown and changed
to fit the needs of this community
All Services Are Offered In English and Spanish
Levels of success are directly related to participant willingness to take steps in action plans
Current programs include:
- Mental Health – Assessments, counseling and referrals
- Family Basic Needs – Case management, action plan, employment development, job search, supplemental food, housing and utilities assistance, budgeting, parenting education, referrals to other helping agencies, all on case-by-case determination.
- Substance Abuse Youth, Adults – AOD (alcohol and other drugs) classes, counseling and referrals
- Food Pantry – Provides emergency food to anyone, supplemental groceries weekly to clients engaged in programs, Holiday Food Program in December
- Internship Program – Supervision and field work placement provided to college students in Social Work, Human Services and other degree programs by experienced therapists and case managers. Diverse placement for young social workers to learn and fulfil fieldwork requirements to achieve degrees
- Outstation for Multiple Government Programs – DFS building provides offices for WIC Program, Section 8, CalWORKs, Food Stamps, MediCal, Covered California, Food Bank Produce Truck, Legal Services of Northern California, SafeQuest Solano, Inc.
- Continuum of Care Program – Behavioral Health Assessments and Services, Peer Support Groups
- Safety Net Services Program – Emergency Basic Needs Assistance to Dixon residents