COMMUNITY ALERT!! DIXON FAMILY SERVICES
NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW MORE THAN EVER!!
Normally when I send out a letter from Dixon Family Services I would start by telling you many good things about Dixon Family Services that you may already know. Those things will be mentioned later, but I want to get right to the point of this letter first.
This fiscal year (2018/2019) we have the lowest amount of government funding coming into our organization’s budget than we have had in decades. Our usual funding “pie” consists of 1/3 government contracts, 1/3 non-government grants and sponsorships, and 1/3 donations and fund raising. This year, so far, the government portion looks more like 1/16th.
We plan to continue to serve our community, but in response to the lack of government support, we must look to the people in our community that can and do help us. Those that do already, we ask that this year you dig deeper and increase your giving. To those who have not donated before, please consider this the year that you begin. Individuals, families, businesses, organizations, churches, schools and others – We need the support of our community now more than ever!
There are many ways to help.
- Write a check payable to DFS. Send or drop off to 155 North Second Street.
- Use your credit card or PayPal on our website dixonfamilyservices.org
- Sign up for automatic payroll deductions through your employer, United Way or other charitable giving programs.
- Sponsor or partially sponsor a particular program you have personal interest in. Perhaps a service that helped you or someone you know in the past.
- Sponsor one of our operating expenses for the year. Examples include utilities (electricity, water, sewer and garbage), office supplies, liability insurance, phone and internet service.
- Donate tangible items to us that we can use rather than having the expense of purchasing them with our lean budget. Examples include copy paper, toilet paper, cleaning supplies.
- Host a yard sale, bake sale, car wash, barbeque, or other ways to raise funds in the name of Dixon Family Services.
- Memorial contributions in the name of a loved one
- For future giving consider putting DFS in your will and estate plan
Call or email me if you want to talk more about any option.
707 678-0442, firstname.lastname@example.org
I will call and personally thank you, but let us thank you now in advance for your consideration of this request at this time when we are in need of your help, so that we can continue to keep our doors open and continue to help the people who need us in Dixon.
And thank you for recognizing that our services are vital to a healthy community.
Cookie Powell, on behalf of everyone at DFS and the people in this community that we serve
-For your tax records our tax ID number is 68-0041829-
I promised you the information about us that may help you decide to give to our organization.
Our services are vital to a healthy community.
Dixon Family Services (DFS) has been in the business of helping people struggling with one or more issues since 1984. We are a community-based non-profit social services organization helping hundreds of people each year achieve goals such as employment, financial stability, improved nutrition, sobriety, emotional wellness, positive parenting skills and family cohesiveness.
Many of the people we have helped had nowhere else to turn when facing a life altering situation, but found the support and encouragement they needed from a caring and dedicated staff at Dixon Family Services. Many are now productive, active and contributing members of our community.
We also are a co-location for many other providers of services.
If the Dixon Family Services building didn’t exist there is a long list of providers that would not be here in Dixon on a regular basis for the convenience of Dixon residents. The current list of those using offices in our building includes Cal Works, Cal Fresh (food stamps), Section 8 (subsidized housing), Covered California and Medi-Cal (health insurance for those with low-income), Legal Services of Northern California (legal advice and service to those who are having employment, landlord/tenant and other legal issues), EITC Program (free income tax preparation) and the Solano Food Bank Free Produce truck parks in our parking lot two days monthly to give two large bags of nutritious fresh produce to people in Dixon.
We are excited to announce that in September the Domestic Violence organization SafeQuest Solano will also be in our building four days a week to serve those who have suffered domestic violence, sexual assault, sex trafficking, dating violence, stalking and elder abuse. So, you can see that in addition to the behavioral health and basic needs services provided by our organization (Dixon Family Services), our building is also a one-stop-shop of services from a broad collection of programs that can also help people in our community.